Created or Self-Caused?
Download MS Word File
“There are no absolutes” is a self-defeating proposition.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Lk 1:4 that you may know the certainty of those things in which you were instructed.
1. Truth is not determined by belief, feeling, experience (eye-witness filters faulty) nor majority opinion, but Truth is that which best explains all the facts, discovered at the convergence of authenticated Revelation, Reason, and Reality (accord with “natural” laws).
Scientific proof: Hypothesis considered reasonably accurate by empirical data that is: observable, repeatable, in a controlled environment.
2. Jn 4:24 God is Spirit Do we live in a material or immaterial world? Can you dissect a body to find a word, thought, or paragraph?
The only way a finite being can know infinite Truth is if an infinite being reveals it to them. Is there any record/proof?
3.Ps 139:13 For You did form my inward parts, You did knit me together in my mother’s womb RSV
a. the reasoning of philosophers that all things must have a cause (Cosmological argument) Mortimer Adler (How to Think about God)
4. Heb 1:1 God…spokeA Creator with the power to create a purposeful universe, would have the power to communicate and preserve that communication, so that His creation could understand that purpose. (Especially if held accountable to it.) NT 10/1000yrs vs 24000/100-300yrs
5. Monkeys can’t type “All that glitters is” 1*106 monkeys; 864000 sec/dayX10; 8.6*1011key/day; 3.15*1014 key/yr (div into 30n)
6. Science can be Unscientific ‘We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is an absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door. Richard Lewontin, Billions and billions of demons, The New York Review, p. 31, 9 Jan 1997 AIG
7. Floods, Arks, Fossils, Trilobites, Octopi, Overthrusts, Dinosaurs, Dating and Wooly Mammoths Gen 7:19… all the high hills were covered
How do you fossilize a jellyfish? Noah’s Ark: a Feasibility Study answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i2/animals.asp 1.7 miles 522boxcars 16k species/240ea=67cars
8. Accurate information about “what happens on the other side” must be based upon authenticated Revelation. John 3:13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life…21 (cf Jn 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name). ESSENCE of BELIEF: Christ’s death is a satisfactory substitute payment for one’s sins. (Rm 5:8)
Questions for Reflection/Discussion/Response: