You can also view the presentation below:
<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/c2clh2-Vbos" frameborder="0" width="320" height="240 allowfullscreen"></iframe>
The presentation file is completely interactive and can be downloaded here: Christian Career Path Part 1 Interactive
Opening the .ifx file requires Intuiface, which can be downloaded for free upon registration here: Intuiface Registration
[From Curious to Convinced: Nature of Truth (immaterial, infinite); Revealed (authentication/reliable), Reasonable, Reality; +Inclination; Need; Obstacles; Accept: Embrace]
Knowing: God (and his plan/power)2pt 1:2-4 Ourselves (and our needs)2pt 1:5-6 Others (and their needs) 2pt 1:7-9
D’ship Survey: Convinced® Committed® Conformed®Christlikeness Crowned2Pt 1:10-11
Learning the Truth Living the Truth Loving others with the Truth
D’ship Rlshps: Assurance1 Word4,29 God/Prayer2,3,12 HS/Sanctification9,10,11 Jesus/Lordship5 Unity w/ believers6.11 Outreach7,8
Decision-Made I-Denied Savior-Followed Cross-Carried Incarnation-Imitated Production-Produced Love-Lavished Expectation-Earned
2Pt 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Christian “Career Path”/Training Objectives: (start with the 7QUESTIONS and 7PASSAGES; then Defense Against the Dark Arts – Spiritual Warfare)
1. Assurance - I am certain that if I died tonight, I would spend eternity in heaven. I can explain why I believe that, and can prove it from the Scriptures. I have publicly thanked God for my salvation, and can relate my Christian testimony to someone in three minutes. I can take someone though the Ephesians 2 presentation of the gospel. (See Jn 3:16 on DTB How to Study the Bible like Sherlock)
2. Worship - I have a consistent (6/7) devotional time with God: reading His word to better know Him and what He desires for me; responding back to God in prayer; and then recording a key daily thought which I share with someone weekly. I've developed a Biblical understanding of Worship (response to Revelation) and glorifying God. Using the Bible, (II Tim 3:16-17; Psalm 5) I can teach someone else how to have a Quiet time. I understand the purpose and nature of corporate worship, and have publicly thanked, praised, and given glory to God.
3. Prayer - I regularly bring my needs and requests before God at the beginning of each day, and throughout the day as the occasion warrants. I keep a prayer list (TOYL) and have shared an answer to prayer with my mentor/accountability partner, and my shepherding group, and the Body. I can take someone though the Matthew 6 pattern for prayer, and incorporated Phil 4:6-9 into my life.
4. The Word – I've read the Bible using DTB & can demonstrate that I'm using all five means of getting the Word of God into my life, (including Bible Study and Scripture Memory), and have shared an insight from the Word with my mentor/accountability partner, and my shepherding group, and the Body. I can take someone thru 2Tim 3:15-17 and can list half a dozen benefits of the Word in my life
5. Lordship - I have made living as an obedient disciple of the Lord Jesus my top priority and have symbolized it by baptism. I have reordered my life purpose, objectives, and weekly schedule (using TOYL) to reflect my commitment, and make my decisions in accord with the Will of God. I have learned how to develop my identity as a servant of Christ and can expertly defend myself against the lies of Satan with the Truth of the Holy Spirit. I have sought out an accountability partner to aid me in my quest for holy living. I can take someone though the II Corinthians 5 motive for Lordship.
6. Body Building - I can articulate the Biblical purpose of the Church (see study guide). I've shared w/ my mentor six specific obediences to the "one another" commands. I have submitted myself to a local body of believers as indicated by signing an agreement of fellowship/membership, and actively participating in a Shepherding group. I can take someone though the Acts 2 pattern for Church.
7. Witnessing - I have shared my faith with an unbeliever to the point where they had a clear option of accepting or rejecting it. I can sketch out a simple explanation of the gospel (Bridge) from memory. I have identified and am cultivating two relationships with non-Christians outside my immediate family. I am laboring together with others in outreach activities. I can help people answer each of the 7QUESTIONS.
8. Discipleship - I have read two of the recommended books on Discipleship have developed a personal philosophy of ministry, shared my plan for becoming a disciplemaker with my shepherd/mentor, and am intentionally implementing that plan to move folks from Curious to Crowned (7PASSAGEES) with help from my mentor/accountability partner.
9. Speech - I have completed a topical study of the use of the tongue, developed a Biblical Philosophy of Speech, reprogrammed my speech habits, all of which has had a noticeable effect on my conversation.
10. Work & Money - I have completed a topical study on the obtaining and using of money and have developed budgets to guide me in being a good steward of my time as well as my money and strength.
11. Relationships - I have completed a topical study of relationships (dating, husband-wife, parents-children, employer-employee, governmental, church, believer-unbeliever, believer-carnal believer, friendships) and developed and ingrained a set of Biblical principles for relating to others. Eph 4-5
12-23. Theology - I have worked through each of the dozen theological studies with another person, developing and making appropriate life applications from each, which I've shared with others. (God: Father, Son, Holy Spirit; Man; Sin; Salvation: Justification, Sanctification, Glorification; Bible; Church; Future Prophecy/Judgments; Angels and Satan-Spiritual Warfare.)
24-28. Topical Studies - I have spent one month on each of five topical Bible studies, satisfying needs and interests from the TOYL evaluation, and shared the results of my study with someone else.
29. Inductive Bible Study - I have studied and developed an exegetical outline for a book of the Bible, using the various study resources. I can trace the author's argument through the book, putting each passage in its intended context, and derive both the original and contemporary applications. I an able to lead others through the process in obedience to 2Tim 2:2.
30. Teaching - public setting so that people understood and were motivated to do what God wanted. Heb 5:12; Col 3:16