Mysterious or Marvelous? How God Intervenes in Human Affairs
I. According to Plan, as revealed in His Word, to meet our Need
Ephesians 1 - eternal purpose
Isaiah 11 - prophetic promise
Daniel 9 - from exile to entrance
The more we know of God's revealed Plan the more we can trust Him to meet our needs.
The more we know of God's revealed Person the more we can reliably expect Him to meet our needs.
The more we know of God's revealed Processes the more we can reap the benefits of cooperating.
II. Usually Using Commonplace Things and Natural Processes with a Supernatural Touch
Widow's jar of oil
Loaves & Fishes
We frequently hold in our hands God's answer to our needs but fail to utilize it.
We can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary by the process of ordinary obedience.
God uses our engagement in the ordinary processes to develop us into extraordinary people.
III. Usually Leaving no Footprints, only Fingerprints
Baby on a straw mattress
Star in the sky
Twelve baskets of fragments
Those who are always looking down will fail to see what's going on up above them.
God doesn't want to be mysterious but marvelous, yet He doesn't force Himself on our consciousness.
God gives us the option of focusing our heart, mind, soul, and strength on Him.
Questions for Reflection/Discussion/Response:
1. How has an increased understanding of God's ways led to an increased trust in Him?
2. What commonplace things already within your environment could God use to marvelously meet your needs?
3. Why do we sometimes ignore God's commonplace provision want the extraordinary?
4. What things in you life this past year have God's fingerprints on them?
5. This time next year, in what areas of your life are you expecting to see God's fingerprints?