Q&A Hell, Paradise, Drinking, Dead Faith Healers, Rewarded Service
Download MS Word File
1. What's the difference between Hades and Gehenna (Bad Things 2)? And Paradise Lk 23:43 2Cor 12:4 Rev 2:7 and the Millenial Kingdom Rev 19
Hades (the grave=Sheol) is the abode of the dead (pre-cross Lk 16:23) while awaiting Resurrrection Rev 20:13. It has 1st Class and Coach compartments. Gehenna is the garbage dump outside Jerusalem where bad believers Mt 5:29 10:28 23:33 and their trashy works suffer loss 1Cor 3:15.
2. How much is (alcohol use) a personal conviction vs abstaining...can people be ministered to/reached in such environments (like bars)
Jesus turned water into great wine Jn 2.NT believers were getting drunk at the Lord's Supper (Passover Celebration) 1Cor 11
Jesus “partied with pagans” Lessons for Disciples TB.net Mk 2:15 How is it that He eats and drinks with sinners?"17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."Mt 11:19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children." Rm 14;5 Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
Eph 5:18 Don't be drunk with wine...dissipation Pr 20:1 Wine is a mocker, strong drink is a brawler, whoever is led astray by it is not wise.
Rm 14:10-21-23 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.
3. The central idea of it is that when Jesus died on the cross, he not only defeated sin, but sickness as well. It follows that if you are sick and are not being healed, you lack the faith required to walk out this specific promise from God.” see: Dead Faith Healers letusreason.org/Wf25.htm
Miracles authenticate the Message Mt 4:23. Jesus healed before the Cross/Atonement. Isa 53:5 He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed Ps 41:4 147:3 Isa 6:10 19:22 30:26 57:18 Jer 3:22 6:14 30:17 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all 8 For the transgressions of my people He was stricken.10 You make His soul an offering for sin, 11 By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, for He shall bear their iniquities. 12 And He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Jesus healed all! Mt 8:16-17 bore (not take away) Isa 35:4-6 future Messianic reign; Jn 5:14 stop sinning...worse; 9:2-3 who sinned? (fallenness)
4. What it would look like to do good works without "laying" them on the foundation of Christ? Examples of building with wood/straw vs gold/silver?
Building upon the foundation of Christ is disciplemaking (teaching to obey all Jesus commanded Mt 28:19-20; Acts 20:32; 26:18 Rm 1:5; 15:18; 16:26
5. Is there a reward differential for 100% joyful service vs "mixed feelings" in serving body members, which I guess I'd define as doing what the Scripture commands out of a commitment to obedience but intermittently struggling with, or momentarily resenting what that serving involves?
Rm 8: 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
In the Flesh is operating out of natural desire for temporal Power (security/significance), Pleasure/comfort, Possessions/worth-value
Rm 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable/priestly/spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove/experience ???????? what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.