DO THIS FIRST!!!
On an index card list your top need (=something that you and/or God would really like to change about your life) and your top desire (=if you could only do/get/have one thing this year, what would it be?).
There's a good chance you'll be able to take significant steps toward solving your need and fulfilling your desire during this seminar. Since chance favors the prepared mind, you'll increase your benefit from the seminar to the degree that you invest quality time preparing.
If you spend one solid hour and then two half hours preparing for the seminar you'll reap the benefits for the rest of your life! (Do not consult anyone else until after you've completed all three sessions. Of course if you pray while doing this preparation it would not be considered cheating and might even be a good idea.)
If you don't have a journal or diary to do this preparation you might want to consider using eight and a half by five and a half sized paper...many of the seminar handouts will be that size (like this form).
For ONE SOLID HOUR: Start:_______ Finish:________
1) 15 minutes In all probability Santa didn't give you all or exactly what you wanted, so here's another chance. Pretend you're sending your wish list to the North Pole and since you've been nice and not naughty (we are pretending) you will be granted everything on your list. What do you want?
List all the things you've ever dreamed of doing, being, having or owning. Let your imagination run wild. Don't worry about how any of the things will occur. (That's my job...I'll worry for you.)
2) 30 minutes Rapidly evaluate the five areas of your life (I. Job, II. Relationships, etc.) using the Evaluation Form and scale. [Don't do the "Ideal Day" or "Eulogy" (last sheets)]
3) 10 minutes Write out what you want to do with the remaining years of your life.
4) 5 minutes Rest from writers cramp.
For ONE HALF HOUR: Start:________ Finish:________
1) 15 minutes Without looking at your previous wish list and desires, create another list of everything you want God to do with, for, to, or through your life. Be both carnal and spiritual.
2) 15 minutes Brainstorm and write down your "Ideal Day" (see second to the last sheet of Evaluation Form).
For ONE HALF HOUR: Start:_______ Finish:_________
1) 10 minutes Repeat either step one above.
2) 5 minutes Compare your lists and note which items come up on all three.
3) 15 minutes Write your "Eulogy" or how you'd like an article about you to appear in an encyclopedia printed 125 years after you were born (see last sheet of Evaluation Form).
I look forward to helping you have the Time of Your Life,