SUGGESTIONS FOR APPLICATION
Although application is a natural outcome of Bible study, there are some specific areas to consider as you seek to make your study more personal and meaningful. The following questions could be used in applying Scriptural truths to your life:
1. FAITH - What does the Bible passage teach me about personal faith? What do I learn about God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit and my relationship to them? What specific truths should I believe? Why should I believe them?
2. ATTITUDES - What do I learn about good or bad attitudes? What are the results of each kind? What should be my attitude? How can I change negative ones? What do I learn about emotions? Is there help suggested for release from destructive emotions such as fear, worries, anxieties, hates resentments, jealousies?
3. ACTIONS - What should be my actions? Are there errors to avoid? Are there any actions which I need to change?
4. SINS - What sins are pointed out in my life? Are there some which I need to confess to God? To my fellowmen? Which I need to forsake?
5. EXAMPLES - What examples are there to follow? Not to follow? Why?
6. CHALLENGES - What are some admonitions which I should make my won? How can I follow these admonitions in a concrete way: In my relationships in my home? In school? In work? With others? With friends?
7. PROMISES - What promises can I claim for my own? Are there any conditions which I must fulfill in order to claim these promises? Are there any specific prayer promises to claim?