Topic #4: Holy Spirit
Key Passage: Romans 8:8-17
Inductive Passage and Memory Verses: Romans 12:1-2
- Review Romans 8 (all) and write down all of the ministries or functions of the Holy Spirit to believers. (Take a look at supplemental verses below to find out other ministries of the Holy Spirit).
- Who gets the Holy Spirit? When do you get the Holy Spirit? How does one get more of the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean to be filled by the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean to be baptized into one body (I Corinthians 12:13)?
- What is the difference between being filled and being baptized by the Holy Spirit?
- What does it mean to quench the Holy Spirit? (See 1 Thessalonians 5:19).
- How can you grieve the Holy Spirit?
- Can you lose the Holy Spirit?
- Why is Romans 12:1-2 the memory passage? (Note: the passage does not mention the Holy Spirit.)
I Corinthians 10:13
I Corinthians 6:19-20
I Corinthians 12:13
I Corinthians 12:7,11,18
I Corinthians 2:10-16
II Corinthians 1: 22
II Corinthians 4:7
II Corinthians 5:5
Ephesians 4:7 & 16
Romans 5:5, 8:9
I Peter 4:10
What is something you may want apply to your life from this lesson? (You may change it after our discussion.)