Topic #3: Prayer
Key Passage: Matthew 6:6-13
Inductive Passage and Memory Verses: Philippians 4:6-7
- Is the Lord’s Prayer an instructive outline to model our prayers or is it a specific prayer that we should pray?
- If it is an outline, what does each point tell us about how to pray?
- If God knows what we need before we communicate it, then why pray?
- What are the benefits of praising God and recognizing the good things He has done as a regular part of our prayer?
- How does an understanding of God’s character improve our prayer to God?
- What is the significance of asking for God’s “Kingdom to come?” (See Matthew 6:10)
- Is it okay to pray for everything?
- Is it okay to pray for ourselves?
- What can someone do to improve their prayer life?
- How can we pray without ceasing and give thanks in everything? (See 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- If God knows all, why do we need to pray? Is it a sin not to?
- Does God hear the prayers of unbelievers?
- Which aspects of prayer are you good at? Which do you need to improve?
1 John 5:14-15
1 John 3:21-22
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18
1 John 1:9
1 Corinthians 10:13
1 Chronicles 29:10-20
Psalm 51, 25, 32, 63
1 Samuel 2
What is something you may want apply to your life from this lesson? (You may change it after our discussion.)