Your Relationship to Other Believers
Topic #6: Your Relationship to Other Believers
Key Passage: Acts 2:42-47
Inductive Passage and Memory Verses: Hebrews 10:24-25
- What is a church?
- What is the implication of Acts 2:42-27?
- What’s the purpose of a church?
- What is unity? What detracts from unity of a church? Must a church be unified?
- Can this group (our discipleship study group) be called a church? Why?
- The above questions indicate what a church is. What is a church not?
- Search all NT passages (check concordance) where the phrase “one another” appears. Who is “one another”? (All mankind, believers, non-believers, believers in your body, people you like?)
- What are the kinds of things we are supposed to be doing with one another? (Think through the “one another” passages and determine what they would look like in our lives).
- How many of these things can we say we are doing? (Answer for you as individual & Big Apple Chapel in general).
- How do you prioritize your time between believers and non-believers?
- What is disciple-making? Who should we engage in disciplemaking with (2 Timothy 2:2)? How do I know if I’m a disciple? How will I know I’m ready to disciple someone else?
- What is an accountability relationship?
Ephesians 4:16; 5:21
Galatians 5:13, 15:15, 6:10
1 Corinthians 12:25, 16:20
1 John 1:7, 4:11
1 Peter 4:9
1 Thessalonians 4:18, 5:11, 5:13
2 Timothy 2:2
James 5:9, 16
Romans 14:19, 12:10, 14:13, 15:1-8, 15:14
What is something you may want apply to your life from this lesson? (You may change it after our discussion.)