Topic #5: The Lordship of Christ
Key Passage: II Corinthians 5:9-17
Inductive Passage: II Corinthians 5:9-10
Memory Verses: II Corinthians 5:9-10 & 17
- Why should we please God?
- How can we please God?
- How do you determine the will of God?
- What does the word Lord mean?
- Does one have to submit to God as “Lord” to be justified and go to heaven?
- Can you name some areas where you’re making God “Lord” of your life? What does that “look” like?
- Can you name some areas where it’s difficult to make God, “Lord”? What does that “look” like?
- Why is it difficult to make God “Lord” over certain areas of your life?
- What’s the downside of failing to make God Lord over all areas of your life?
- What is the relationship between the last study (Topic #4 Holy Spirit) and this one?
- For the inductive verses make sure you have an understanding of the following: Therefore (why it’s there), striving, the “home” analogy, appear, judgement seat (why & on what basis are we judged), receive.
Philippians 2: 9-13
1 Corinthians 3:13-16
1 Peter 1:13-25
I Corinthians 15:57-58
Will of God
Ephesians 5:15-17, 6:6
I Thessalonians 4:3-7: 5:16-18
I John 2:15-17;
I Peter 2:15, 3:17, 4:15, 19
Hebrews 10:35-38; 13:20-21
What is something you may want apply to your life from this lesson? (You may change it after our discussion.)