Seven Questions to Find God:
- What is Truth?
- Is There a Supernatural Being? Can He Walk and Talk?
- Can God Communicate? Is the Bible Reliable?
- Rite or Right? How Do the Major Religions Compare?
- Is Christianity Better?
- Is Jesus the Only Way?
- How Do You Get Your Sins Forgiven and Yourself Into Heaven?
ABC's of Receiving God's Gift of Salvation: 3 Steps
1. Admit (confess/agree) that you are separated from God as a result of ignoring, rebelling, and sinning against Him and His will for us.
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9 epistle
2. Believe (trust/rely) that God accepts Jesus' death as payment for your sin, and offers to give you a clean slate and relationship with Him.
"God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
3. Claim (accept/receive) the destiny God offers you by inviting Jesus Christ to be your Savior and Lord.
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name." John 1:12
"And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God." 1 John 5:11-13 (the epistle)
Almighty God and Father of life, I praise You for being the God who is merciful, just, and loving. Like an ungrateful child, I have rebelled and disobeyed You and Your infinitely wise plan for my life, resulting in harm to myself and others. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, so I don't have to. Forgive me on the basis of my acceptance of Christ's death as payment for my sins, according to Your revealed Grace. Please cleanse and change my heart and life so that I may live a life pleasing to You, as I follow my new Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. May I henceforth live as Your servant, giving You the glory You so richly deserve. Amen.
"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17-18
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove (demonstrate in your experience) what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:1-2. cf Titus 3:5