The Word: Benefits of the Bible
Reminder: What’s your application from last time?
Topic #2: Your Relationship to the Word of God
Key Passage: II Timothy 3:16-17
Inductive Passage and Memory Verses: II Tim 3:16-17
- What does the Word of God do for us? (Look at supplemental verses below—categorizing them may help). What are its benefits?
- Define (using a concordance, dictionary, and lexicon) teaching, rebuking, correcting & training.
- How does the Word become part of our life? Do you know of, or can you create, an illustration that demonstrates this?
- What is a good pattern for a devotional life? (See 2 Timothy 2:15, 3:16-17). Is there only one interpretation of each passage in Scripture?
- Is the Bible reliable? How would you explain that to a non-believer? (List ways you can think of or have learned to prove your points).
- List the basic steps you go through in your quiet time.
- What relationship do you see between II Timothy 3:16-17 and Ephesians 2:8-10?
Deuteronomy 17:16-19 (compare with 1 Kings 10:27-11:6)
1 Peter 1:23
I Peter 2:2
II Peter 1:3-4
II Timothy 2:15
What is something you may want apply to your life from this lesson? (You may change it after our discussion.)