Your Relationship to Non-Believers
Topic #7: Your Relationship to Non-Believers
Key Passage: John 4:1-42
Inductive Passage and Memory Verses: Romans 1:16-17
- What is worship?
- What pleases God in worship?
- Why did the Samaritans believe?
- What needs was Christ trying to meet for the woman at the well?
- Does the sower always have a part in the reaping process? Is one more important?
- What is the purpose for reaping?
- What is important about how Christ handled each different group?
- What is the difference between a disciple and a believer?
- Is discipleship automatic? A decision? A process?
- Why aren’t there more disciples?
1 Corinthians 9:19
Additional Notes/Food for Thought:
- the food came after the water - Christ was careful not to overwhelm anyone but pushed them
- in the interview at the well it was not the moment for Jesus to be concerned that SHE should do the will of God, but that HE should do the will of God = faithful to own opportunity
- the disciples would take part in the reaping if they CHOSE to
- GOSPEL (water) = gift - guarantees eternal life without end to those who take it
- EXPERIENCE (food) = work - promises reward & joy (for disciples)
- WATER IS ALWAYS GIVEN, BUT FOOD IS ALWAYS WORKED FOR
What is something you may want apply to your life from this lesson? (You may change it after our discussion.)