It Ain't Gonna Reign No More
Raised = Dead to Sin ... Alive to God -Romans 6:4,6,9,14 For sin sha11 not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.
Decide to believe (by faith) the truth that you are dead to sin and alive to God Ro 6:11 Likewise reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in you 2Pe I.-5; I Thess 4:1-7)
Extinguish desire through 1) Envisioning consequences; 2) Examining motives & the sin process then 3) EXIT at the first sign.
Ro 6:19-21; 8:13 For if ye live according to the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit moitify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. Col 3.-5 Mortify therefore your members
Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed. 15 men when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death
Admit sin, Name it (sin) and Claim it (forgiveness) in your journey
lJo I.-8-9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive & cleanse us from all unrighteousness
Don't slip back but do the new thing ... to the point of shedding blood [See: Accountability Relationships]
Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted to blood, striving against sin. Ro 8:18
Align your Thinking, values, feelings, and actions with the Word of God and Will of the Spirit then ACT AS IF
John 17.-17Sanctift them through thy truth: thy word is truth. Ro 6:17,- 8:14,- 12:1-2
Live Soundmindedly (purposefully & objectively) as you pursue holiness with others who call upon the Lord 2Ti 2:21-22
Imagine & Ingrain the correct attitudes & behavior by thinking & prayer Jos 1:8 ... thou meditate ... for the purpose of obeying Php 4:8 think on these things.
Value Holiness and the blessing (reward) of God above all else Ro 6:18,22 Col 3:1-2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Expect God to work through others and trials to produce in you the character and actions of His Son Ro 8:28-29, 32 conformed to the image
Questions for Reflection/Discussion/Response:
1. Why aren't more believers thinking, looking, and acting like Jesus Christ? Where us sanctification most needed? Which of the 3 R’ is most lacking?
2. Are there alternatives to eradicating sin habits other than reprogramming your robot with the Word? If so, are they working for you?
3. Is it easier to be "set free" from self-indulgence or self-centeredness? (Jn 8:32) Which of the 3 R’s is the hardest to face and defeat?
4. At what stage in the process of sanctification would Satan be most likely to thwart your efforts? Are you accountable to anyone for help?
5. How much time have you actually spent seriously reprogramming your robot for holiness? When will you spend the time?