What is a Biblical Church?
Not a Club for Christians, but a...
CORPORATION OF THE COMMITTED Acts 2:42-46
Not a Hospice for the Hurting, but a...
HOSPITAL FOR THE HEALING 1Thess 5:23; Js 5:14
Not a Uniformity of Likes, but a...
UNITY OF LABORERS Phil 2:2; 1Cor 1:10
Not a Retreat Center, but a...
REPRODUCTIVE COMPLEX Eph 4:12, 16; 1 Cor 16:19
Not a Cafeteria of Choices, but a...
COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM Luke 6:40 2 Cor 3:3
Couple, Cell, Congregation, Celebration, Conflagration
Not a Home for Bums but a...
HOTEL FOR BUSINESSPEOPLE BUSY ABOUT THEIR MASTER'S BUSINESS Titus 3:13 3 John 6
Questions for Reflection/Discussion/Response:
1. What’s a church? In what ways does the world influence our thinking and decisions about church? Why?
2. What causes “church-hopping”? What are the advantages and disadvantages of hopping and shopping?
3. What role should church play in a believer’s life? Is there such a thing as a Lone Ranger Christian? Why?
4. What cultural values work against us becoming and being a Biblical church? (Independence is the essence of sin.)
5. What advice would you give to someone about finding a “good” church?